This privacy statement explains what information we collect from you or you provide to us, how we use it and with whom we share that information. The privacy statement also sets out your rights and who you can contact for more information. In this privacy statement, your information is sometimes called personal data. We may also sometimes collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing your personal data as processing such personal data.
In this privacy statement the term Data Protection Legislation means the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679; together with all other applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection. For the purposes of Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is Rowan Thompson.
- What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
This website does not include blogs or contact forms, so no personal information is stored directly on the website.
In the course of providing our service to you, personal information such as email address, telephone number and place of business may be stored on a secure hard drive or cloud-based storage to enable us to provide our services. We may also use this information to send updates of availability for new projects.
Like most websites, we sometimes place small data files on your computer. These files are called cookies.
The term cookies should be understood in the broad sense. It covers all tracers implanted and/or read when a website is viewed, regardless of the type of device (e.g. a computer or a smartphone) that is used.
Cookies improve the user experience by:
- Saving your preferences so you don’t have to re-enter them every time you change pages; and
- Measuring how you use the site in order to Improve it and respond to your expectations more effectively.
Our cookies are designed to make the site work better for you. You can manage and/or delete these files as you wish. Blocking all cookies may therefore prevent you from benefiting fully from the features offered by our site.
The Cookies Used on this site are:
- DYNSRV: Helps load balancer to track which web server to send the visitor to. Its purpose is to improve the performance of the website. This is an essential cookie to the operation of the site that is always set by the load balancer and does not store any personal information. The data controller for this site is unable to access any personally identifiable information from this cookie.
Cookies will not be used to collect persona data from your hard drive, read you email address or obtain personal information.
- Provision of information to third parties
This website is hosted by Siteground Host within a UK data centre.
The following third parties are used to process personal data on behalf of Kair Sorbus. These parties are based in either the EU and comply with the Data Protection Legislation or the USA and comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield agreements:
- SiteGround – website host;
- G-Suite – emails
The site contains links to other websites. Kair Sorbus is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites to which links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information. This privacy statement relates only to information contained on or gathered via this site.
- Retention of information
We will only keep the information we collect about you, through the use of this site or otherwise, for as long as required to provide our services to you or as required to comply with any legal obligation to which we are subject. This will involve us regularly reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
- Your rights
At any time, you have the right:
- To be informed about the processing of your personal data;
- To request access to, or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- To rectification of your personal data if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- To ask us to delete your personal data if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- To ask us that we stop or start send you availability updates at any time by using the contact details below;
- To restrict processing of your personal data;
- To data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances; and
- To object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances.
Any request for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with Data Protection Legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We will correct any incorrect or incomplete information and will stop processing your personal data or erase it where there is no legal reason for us to continue to hold or use that information. We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
- Opting out
You have the option of unsubscribing from our mailing list for updates at any time, therefore disabling any further such email communication from being sent to you. To unsubscribe just email email@example.com to request to be removed from our mailing list.
If you have any concerns or questions about the security of this site, this privacy statement or any personal information we collect from you, please do not hesitate to call Rowan Thompson on +44 (0)7414 202447.
Additionally, if you have any concerns about our use of your information , you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on +44 (0)303 1231113.
- Changes to privacy statement
This privacy and data policy may change from time to time to keep up to date with legislation or industry developments. We will not always explicitly inform clients or website users of these changes and therefore recommend that you check this page occasionally for any policy changes. Specific policy changes and updates are mentioned in the change log below.